Dar-us-Salaam, a multi-faceted community centered Islamic organization and the parent organization of Al-Huda School in College Park, Maryland, is seeking to fill 2 full-time positions with Muslims who are passionate about serving Islam and who enjoy making connections and building relationships with other Muslims.
Join the Dar-us-Salaam family for these 2 positions:
(1) Dar-us-Salaam Maintenance Technician Position
General job duties:
- Weekly maintenance checks of school and vehicles
- Scheduling and performing maintenance repairs including routine maintenance repairs of plumbing, lighting services, electrical fixtures, interior and exterior structural repairs.
- Other maintenance includes: Floor and ceiling tile replacement, door and window hardware and glazing replacement, graffiti removal, maintaining campus cleanliness, power washing, delivery of bulk mailings.
Previous experience in maintenance (at least 1 year) preferred.
Click Link to Apply – https://www.indeed.com/
(2) Dar-us-Salaam Donor Care Associate Position
- Interact with donors daily using communication channels such as phone, email, website chat, text message, and in person
- Enter donations and donor data following proper security protocols, including notes on donor interactions, with the utmost accuracy, timeliness, and confidentiality
- Use technology platforms to create and run reports, forms for donation entry, and emails to donors
- Understand Dar-us-Salaam current events and programs in order to keep donors in the loop on the tangible impacts of their donations
- Welcome and on-board new donors, and find ways to engage them so that their relationship with Dar-us-Salaam grows stronger
- Help plan and execute events like small donor gatherings online and in-person, as well as large fundraising events.
- Is excited by helping people, making a difference in the world, and serving Allah with ihsaan
- Possesses a high degree of integrity and honesty
- Exhibits professionalism and a strong work ethic
- Has a record of reliability and commitment
- Is detail oriented and strives to surpass expectations
- Utilizes time effectively and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Has good manners and understands the importance of kindness, patience, and compassion
- Is experienced with software like word processors, spreadsheets, and online applications
- Is well versed in using the internet for research and purchasing online
- Possess strong communication skills both written and verbal — on the phone and in person
- Is an independent learner who can get up to speed quickly, especially with technology by asking, experimenting, and utilizing available training resources
- Possess a general understanding of data, including the ability to generate and read reports
- Can conduct independent research into products and venues
- Can take general ideas and goals and convert them into actionable plans
- Demonstrates strong reading comprehension and strong writing skills
- Can work weekends and evenings during peak times like Ramadan and special events
- Experienced using social media and related online platforms and tools