Dar-us-Salaam, a multi-faceted community centered Islamic organization and the parent organization of Al-Huda School in College Park, Maryland, is seeking to fill 2 full-time positions with Muslims who are passionate about serving Islam and who enjoy making connections and building relationships with other Muslims.
Join the Dar-us-Salaam family for these 2 positions:
(1) Dar-us-Salaam Maintenance Technician Position
General job duties:
- Weekly maintenance checks of school and vehicles
- Scheduling and performing maintenance repairs including routine maintenance repairs of plumbing, lighting services, electrical fixtures, interior and exterior structural repairs.
- Other maintenance includes: Floor and ceiling tile replacement, door and window hardware and glazing replacement, graffiti removal, maintaining campus cleanliness, power washing, delivery of bulk mailings.
Previous experience in maintenance (at least 1 year) preferred.
Click Link to Apply – https://www.indeed.com/
(2) Dar-us-Salaam Donor Care Associate Position
The Donor Care Associate will work out of our College Park, Maryland office, supporting critical back office and administrative functions of the Donor Care Office and Marketing Department. The Donor Care Office is the engine which runs Dar-us-Salaam’s fundraising efforts, connecting donors with the projects and causes close to their hearts.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Interact with donors daily using communication channels such as phone, email, website chat, text message, and in person
- Enter donations and donor data following proper security protocols, including notes on donor interactions, with the utmost accuracy, timeliness, and confidentiality
- Use technology platforms to create and run reports, forms for donation entry, and emails to donors
- Understand Dar-us-Salaam current events and programs in order to keep donors in the loop on the tangible impacts of their donations
- Welcome and on-board new donors, and find ways to engage them so that their relationship with Dar-us-Salaam grows stronger
- Help plan and execute events like small donor gatherings online and in-person, as well as large fundraising events.
The ideal candidate possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Is excited by helping people, making a difference in the world, and serving Allah with ihsaan
- Possesses a high degree of integrity and honesty
- Exhibits professionalism and a strong work ethic
- Has a record of reliability and commitment
- Is detail oriented and strives to surpass expectations
- Utilizes time effectively and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Has good manners and understands the importance of kindness, patience, and compassion
- Is experienced with software like word processors, spreadsheets, and online applications
- Is well versed in using the internet for research and purchasing online
- Possess strong communication skills both written and verbal — on the phone and in person
- Is an independent learner who can get up to speed quickly, especially with technology by asking, experimenting, and utilizing available training resources
- Possess a general understanding of data, including the ability to generate and read reports
- Can conduct independent research into products and venues
- Can take general ideas and goals and convert them into actionable plans
- Demonstrates strong reading comprehension and strong writing skills
- Can work weekends and evenings during peak times like Ramadan and special events
- Experienced using social media and related online platforms and tools
Preference will be given to US citizens with at least a high school diploma (Bachelor’s degree from a US educational institution preferred), but others are welcomed to apply including remote workers. For immediate consideration, email a resume with at least 3 references and a cover letter to email@example.com .